Skip to main content
All CollectionsI am a new tenant
Residency Registration
Residency Registration
Updated over a week ago

When do you report your change of address?

Report your change of address within eight days of moving. You can already report your change of address before you move, but the change will only be effective after your move.

Who should make the declaration?

Any adult family member (18+) can make the declaration, for all family members living at the same address.

How much does it cost?

The declaration of a change of address is free of charge.

What do you need?

You need the following to register your residence:

  • identity card (and those of the other family members

    • Are you not Belgian? Then you will need your residence card or immatriculation certificate (orange card) (and those of the other family members if you are also filing the declaration on their behalf).

  • name and date of birth of the persons moving

  • new address

  • e-mail address

  • the time when you can best be reached for establishing residence

How to make the declaration?

In most cities, you can do the registration online (preferred). You can also make an appointment with the City Council and go to the City Hall.

  • Register your residence with the City Council.

  • Mark residency registration task as pending:

  • Wait for an officer to come and verify your residence

  • Inform Coloc Housing when your registration has been accepted.

The following links might guide you in the right direction:





After the residency registration

  • A police officer will come and verify your registration is legitimate.

  • You inform Coloc Housing of your registration.

What happens if I do not register my residence?

  • Failure to register may result in municipal or provincial taxes and fines for the Landlord. These taxes and fines will in turn be passed on to all residents.**

  • Coloc Housing reserves the right to take legal steps to terminate the Tenancy Agreement prematurely. (We really really don’t want to do this!)

Did this answer your question?